elpful Travel Tips
When preparing for such a trip, there are several things that the participant must do before hand.
1. Apply for a passport if you have never had one, or make sure your current passport will still be valid for the duration of this tour. If you need to apply or renew your passport, please visit the U.S. State Department website to download instructions and applications.
2. Participants will be responsible for all costs incurred on possible “free time" or "free days”, such as shopping or additional activities and for their international travel to and from our point of arrival and return. (Does not including international airfare).
3. Anytime one travels overseas, it is wise to make sure to have up-to-date tetanus inoculations. You will be traversing through moors/pastures and occasionally down seldom trodden paths. At other times you will be walking a good amount through St. Andrews and Edinburgh.
4. If you need prescription medication, do bring a letter from your doctor describing the various medications, their dosages and their uses. This can be a help in emergencies and as you go through customs. You also are required to make known on your application all medical difficulties, medications, and physical limitations. Failure to do so may result in your removal from the group.
5. Once you have set your itinerary for the international travel, you will need to make a copies available to the tour coordinators at least one month in advance. When reporting to the airport for your international departure, be sure to arrive at least 3 hours prior to departure.
6. Participants will be required to submit payments according to the following schedule:
a. Registrants must deposit $750 USD at time of registration. Registrations and deposit are due by January 15, 2010.
b. The second installment of $750/person will be due on March 31, 2010.
c. The remaining installment of $700/person will be due on May 31, 2010.
d. Any remaining payment due to adjustments in costs (ex. exchange rate fluctuations), will be due no later than July 1, 2010.
7. You will find that hospitality vendors (Hotels, Inns) do not supply wash cloths. Please be sure to bring your own.
8. Special needs (food, housing, medical conditions, allergies) should be made known to the Tour Coordinators at the time of registration.